GETTING YOUR HOME READY
If the Fix & Flip Folks Can Do It, maybe you can too. Here are some things flippers do to get the most return on their money.
People are making money fixing and flipping homes. Though there no guarantees they will make money, there is enough proof that cleaning and staging a home can make a difference in the price it will sell for, and in some cases whether it sells or not.
Here are some things you might consider doing before putting your home on the market:
- REMOVE ITEMS THAT MAKE YOUR HOME LOOK CLUTTERED – Take pictures with your cell phone of every room from four locations and see what items make it look messy. You will want to remove all unwanted items. I recommend you purchase water resistant plastic boxes with covers that you can store the items in close by incase you need them. You will want to store them in a closet, under a bed, or, in the garage, so they don’t interfere with taking photos of your home, or, when showing.
- CLEAN WALLS AND CABINETS – It is easy to overlook blemishes or dirt in your home. Look at the pictures to see how they look. You may notice that a good scrub and cleaning are in order. Cleaning crews come with a bucket, sponges and brushes prepared. If you don’t already have a cleaning kit, put one together to go room to room and clean the areas that need cleaning. You may find the some walls need painting during this process.
- CLEAN FURNITURE –
- MOVE FURNUTURE THAT IS CLUTTERING THE HOUSE INTO THE GARAGE OR OUT
- PAINTING –
- FLOWERS & PLANTS
- ACCENT CUSHIONS –
- LIGHTING –
- CANDLES OR SCENTS FOR AMBIENCE –
- PLACE SETTINGS ON THE KITCHEN TABLE –